Eggplant & Speck Rolls
These rolls are the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer that are easy to make and even easier to eat. Whether you’re hosting at home or bringing a dish to share, this will be a sure a crowd-pleaser this holiday!
1 roll of puff pastry rectangular dough
2 long eggplants
3.5 ounces of speck
5.2 ounces of sweet scamorza (or other similar cheese)
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Peel the eggplant and cut into thin slices lengthwise with a mandolin.
2. Grill them on a hot griddle, put them aside and dress them with a pinch of salt.
3. Roll out the puff pastry and arrange it with parchment paper on a cutting board.
4. Using a pasta cutter, cut strips with a width of 5 cm.
5. Arrange the grilled eggplant along each strip of dough
6. Distribute a slice of speck cut in half on each strip and add the scamorza cut into cubes.
7. Roll each strip to obtain a cylinder shape.
8. With your fingertips pinch the base to seal it as much as possible
9. Proceed in this way with all the strips of dough and place them inside a 6-cup muffin tin
10. Sprinkle with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180° for around 40-45 minutes, covering them with a sheet of foil if they get dark.
11. Take out the oven and serve
More from Veroni
Potatoe wedges are the perfect snack to make for any get together because…
This is the perfect appetizer to pass around the table for Thanksgiving dinner that will…
The perfect Italian alternative to bacon that can be used in endless ways…
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…