Mortadella and Asparagus Crumble
We share our recipe for mortadella and asparagus crumble with brie, the perfect Mother’s Day meal. Just don’t forget your secret ingredient: love.
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 2 oz of sliced mortadella
- 4 oz of brie
- Salt Pepper
For the crumble:
- 4.5 oz of flour 00
- 3 oz salted butter
- 1.5 oz of grated parmesan cheese
1. Wash the asparagus and cut into small pieces. Blanch them in a saucepan containing boiling salted water for about 4-5 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water to stop them overcooking and maintain their color.
2. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add the mortadella cut into strips and the brie cheese cut into pieces, stir with a spoon and add pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a baking dish.
3. In a bowl, work the cold butter cut into cubes with your fingertips together with the flour and grated parmesan cheese until you get a crumbly mixture.
4. Transfer to the baking dish and cover the asparagus than bake in a preheated oven at 355° f for about 30-35 minutes, then brown the crumble for a few minutes under the grill. Remove from the oven and serve.
More from Veroni
A crowd pleaser at any gathering, they’re small but big on flavour…
The perfect Italian alternative to bacon that can be used in endless ways…
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…