Mortadella-Filled Pumpkin Flowers
Try out this recipe for an amazing mix of flavours and textures to mix up your entré menu and surprise your taste buds:
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
- 160g VeroniMortadella
- 12 Pumpkin Flowers
- 80g Boiled Potato
- 4 Pitted Black Olives
- 100g Chickpea Flour (For the batter)
- Sparkling Water
- Corn oil for Frying
- 1 Tbs Puffed Rice
- Soya Milk
1. Put the chickpea flour, the sparkling water and a pinch of salt in a bowl, mix well until obtaining a velvety-textured batter.
2. Clean the pumpkin flowers and dry them thoroughly using paper towel
3. Cut Mortadella into small pieces and along with the boiled potatoes, place into an electric mixer and, at a slow speed to avoid heating the mixture, create a even mixture. Then add the soy milk to make the mixture lighter.
4. Slice the olives into small pieces and add them to the mixture. At the last moment, add the puffed rice and fold into the mixture.
5. Fill the zucchini flowers with the prepared mixture, dip them in the batter and fry them in corn oil at 338 degrees fahrenheit until completely browned. Serve hot.
More from Veroni