Mortadella Tartar with Chicory
If you are looking for a real show-stopper for your next dinner party, we have the solution! A vibrant blend of fresh and tangy mixed with the full body of Veroni Mortadella.
- 7 oz Veroni Mortadella
- 3.53 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 lemon
- 7 oz chicory
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz anchovies
- salt and pepper
- toasted bread
- 4 sprigs marjoram
1. Wash and clean the chicory, cut into juliennes and place them in a bowl of iced water.
2. Prepare the tartare by cutting the mortadella and the apple into small cubes, transfer to a bowl and dress with a few drops of lemon juice. Mix everything together and then add the fresh mozzarella also cut into cubes.
3. Drain the chicory from the water and transfer to a bowl, dress with a mixture made from the anchovies, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
4. Create a nest of the chicory in the center of each plate, top with a slice of toasted bread, add a ball of tartare and garnish with a sprig of marjoram.
More from Veroni
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
We explore the history and characteristics of salame Milano…
Find out about the background, pairings and process of our ham…