Penna Pasta with Speck, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
This recipe is simple and quick for when you are out of dinner ideas, with minimal ingredients it is fresh and delicious, follow the instructions below.
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
• 200g Speck Alto Adige PGI
• 320g Semolina pasta
• 200g Cherry Tomatoes
• 50g Basil
• 1/2 Glass of White Wine
• 100g Cooked Tomato Sauce
• 50g Grated Grana Padano
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. For the sauce: wash and cut the tomatoes in half, wash the basil and break the leaves with your hands, add to the tomatoes.
2. Cut the speck into strips, place strips into a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and cook until browned. Add the white wine, tomatoes, basil and the cooked tomato sauce. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Cook the penne in boiling water with a generous amount of salt, once the pasta is cooked, drain and season with the sauce.
4. Pour the cooked pasta into the pan with the sauce and whisk in grated Grana Padano cheese, pepper and a knob of butter.
5. Serve the final product with leaves of basil for a garnish
More from Veroni
Try out our easy recipe with the full flavor of Veroni salami ragu…
A delicious mix of flavors. Fresh and colorful, but also hits the spot…