Rice Salad with Veroni Cured Ham, Prawns, Melon and Rocket
Why not mix it up a bit tonight with this unusual, but delicious mix of flavours. Fresh and colourful, but hits the spot with the element of rice.
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
• 300g of Rice
• 200g of Shrimp Tails
• 120g of Thinly Sliced Cured Ham
• ½ Melon
• 1 Bunch of Wild Rocket
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Lemon
• Basil Leaves
• Salt and Pepper
1. Boil the rice in a pot with a generous amount of salt. Drain when the rice is al dente and spread it on a baking dish to cool.
2. Clean the shrimp tails and blanch in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Season with the juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and basil.
3. Using a melon baller, create a serving of balls or simply slice into cubes. Wash and chop the rocket.
4. Toast the slices of ham in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C or in a pan until they are crisp.
5. Combine all the ingredients with the rice, season with oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
More from Veroni
Try out our easy recipe with the full flavor of Veroni salami ragu…
A delicious mix of flavors. Fresh and colorful, but also hits the spot…