Rice Salad with Veroni Cured Ham, Prawns, Melon and Rocket
Why not mix it up a bit tonight with this unusual, but delicious mix of flavours. Fresh and colourful, but hits the spot with the element of rice.
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
• 300g of Rice
• 200g of Shrimp Tails
• 120g of Thinly Sliced Cured Ham
• ½ Melon
• 1 Bunch of Wild Rocket
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Lemon
• Basil Leaves
• Salt and Pepper
1. Boil the rice in a pot with a generous amount of salt. Drain when the rice is al dente and spread it on a baking dish to cool.
2. Clean the shrimp tails and blanch in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Season with the juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and basil.
3. Using a melon baller, create a serving of balls or simply slice into cubes. Wash and chop the rocket.
4. Toast the slices of ham in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C or in a pan until they are crisp.
5. Combine all the ingredients with the rice, season with oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
More from Veroni