Salami Muffins with Pecorino Cheese
These muffins are sure to be a crowd pleaser at any gathering, small and compact but big on flavour.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg+1 yolk
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup of seed oil
- ¼ pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 pack of yeast for savoy dishes
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE STUFFING
- Milan salami in slices
1. Finely chop the chives and keep them aside. In a bowl beat the eggs with a whisk along with the oil, milk and mustard. Add the sifted flour, grated cheese and chives mixing all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper and finally the yeast.
2. Pour the dough into 12 buttered and floured muffin moulds. Level the muffin pan, making sure to even out the surface and cook for about 25-30 minutes. After cooking time insert toothpick into the middle of a muffin, if they’re done it should come out clean.
4. Let it cool completely before taking the muffins out of their mould.
3. When the muffins cool down cut them in half and stuff them with a slice of salami and a pickle, also cut in half. Secure with a toothpick and serve.
More from Veroni
A crowd pleaser at any gathering, they’re small but big on flavour…
The perfect Italian alternative to bacon that can be used in endless ways…
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…