Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup with Salame Toscano
This cool weather change requires something a little more heart-warming for those cosy nights at home. Try this simple soup recipe for something still fresh, but hearty enough to keep everyone happy.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 shallots
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 17 oz of carrot
- 13 oz of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of red curry paste
- 1 lime
- 1.5 oz of Salame Toscano
- 1.5 oz of roasted peanuts
- Fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the shallots and let them wither in a saucepan with the oil until they become transparent. Cut the potato and carrots into cubes of similar size, add them to the pan with the grated ginger.
2. Stir and reduce to medium heat. Add the coconut milk, curry paste and 13 oz of water.
3. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, or at least until the vegetables have become tender. Using a stick blender, blend ingredients in the pan until a silky texture is achieved.
4. Serve in bowls and garnish with the salami julienned, coarsely chopped peanuts and parsley. Complete with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.
More from Veroni
A crowd pleaser at any gathering, they’re small but big on flavour…
The perfect Italian alternative to bacon that can be used in endless ways…
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…