Turkey Involtini with Mortadella
Try out something new for this year’s Thanksgiving feast. This recipe brings together an Italian favorite with a touch of US tradition. Easy to make and full of flavor, perfect as a entree to serve your cherished friends and family.
- 600gr Sliced turkey breast
- 4 Slices of Provolone
- 50gr Veroni Mortadella
- 30gr Shallot
- 100ml White wine
- 20gr Grated parmesan cheese
- 20ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash the slices of turkey with cold running water and spread them out on a cutting board.
2. Grate the parmesan cheese on top of the slices. Salt lightly. Make a layer of mortadella place on top the slices of provolone.
4. Fold in long edges of the meat and then roll each piece over itself to form a closed parcel and secure it with kitchen string or toothpicks.
5. Put a little oil in a pan and sauté the shallot previously washed and chopped. Once the shallot is cooked, add in the involtini, browning over high heat for 2 minutes each side.
6. Add the wine and after a couple of minutes lower the heat. Cover and cook over medium/low heat for 15 minutes, adding a little hot water if they should dry too much.
7. Transfer to a serving platter, topping with the leftover sauce from the pan.
More from Veroni
Perfect balance between freshness and Veroni Mortadella…
We give you the perfect Mother’s Day meal to share today…