Broccoli and mortadella: the perfect combination for a delicious quiche. Are you ready for mouth-watering flavors with every bite? Try out this light but wholesome recipe.
- For the quiche base: With an electric mixer, work the flour together with salt and cold butter cut into small pieces using the leaf hook attachment.
- Add the egg and water, continuing to knead until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Remove it from the bowl, if necessary work it briefly by hand, then form a ball with the dough. Now wrap it in food film and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling: blanch the tops of broccoli for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
- Cut the leek into thin slices and let it gently stew in a non-stick pan with butter, add the broccoli and lightly season with salt. Let it cool.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a sheet of baking paper to a thickness of about 3mm and with this coat a round tray of 23 cm in diameter that is slightly buttered.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season with salt and pepper. Put the broccoli and the cold leeks on the base of the quiche.
- Add the mortadella and half the grated cheese. Pour the egg mixture and complete with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven, let it settle and serve.