Barley Soup with Mortadella
Let this winter warmer accompany you on the couch tonight! A traditional dish from the Trentino-Alto Adige region of Italy that is so easy to make. With Veroni Mortadella, vegetables and barley, this soup is hearty and filling.
- 5.30 oz of barley
- 4 oz Veroni Mortadella
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 small potato
- 1 stalk of celery
- 50 fl oz of meat broth
- 0.70 oz of butter
- salt and pepper
1. Peel the onion, dice into small pieces and transfer to a saucepan with the butter. Sweat until transparent.
2. Add the celery and carrot also cut into small pieces and brown together in the saucepan for 5 minutes.
3. Wash the barley and pour it into the pot together with the meat broth. Add in the Mortadella, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 1 hour and a half, stirring occasionally.
4. After this time, dice the potato and add it to the pot, continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove from the pot, transfer to a soup tureen and serve, sprinkling with chopped chives.