Do you like Italian Speck? And do you like apples? Here is a recipe that amazingly combines them: spelt berries with radicchio, apples and Veroni’s speck.
- of spelt
- 2 apples
- 8 slices of Veroni's speck
- 1 radicchio heas
- 3 courgette
- 1/2 lemon
- q.s. sunflower seeds
- q.s. extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. salt and pepper
- Toast the speck slightly in a pan till the edges are crispy, transfer to a dish to rest.
- In the same pan toast the sunflower seeds for a few seconds, moving them constantly to avoid burning.
- Cook the spelt in plenty of salted water and drain. Cut the radicchio into strips and fry in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in the grated zucchini and stir well adjusting salt and pepper. Add the spelt and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the apples, previously cut into cubes, and pour in the juice of the lemon.
- Transfer to serving bowls and drizzle with oil then top with sunflower seeds and crispy speck.