Sesame and poppy seed bagel with fresh cheese, pork sausage and avocado
Find below out recipe for an easy healthy lunch, easy to make and perfect to bring to work or school for your kids.
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
• 40g Plain Flour
• 100g Manitoba flour
• 3 tbsp. Caster Sugar
• 1 tbsp. Salt
• 500g Dehydrated Beer Yeast
• 350ml Water
• 1 Egg White
• Sesame and Poppy Seeds
• 4 Ripe Avocados
• 250g Fresh Cheese
• 200g Veroni Pork Sausage
1. In the bowl combine the two flours together with the yeast and sugar and mix them at a low speed using an electric mixer.
2. Add the lukewarm water and continue working until you get a single mass. Using a dough hook on the electric mixer, knead the mixture, and add salt just before you achieve the right consistency. It will be a smooth and elastic dough one ready.
3. Transfer the dough to a freshly oiled bowl, cover with a film and let it rise for 2 hours or until size doubles. With a scraper, divide the dough into 8 equal parts (they must have the same weight) and using hands, form the dough into ball shapes.
4. By passing three fingers in the centre of each of ball, form a central hole in order to create donut shapes. Arrange them on a baking sheet and let them rise for 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, bring a large saucepan of water with a sprinkle of salt to boiling point, then lower the bagels into the water. They will sink to the bottom of the pot and then re-emerge: from this moment, alternate 3 minutes per side.
6. Remove from water using a slotted spoon, allow them to cool and brush them with the beaten egg whites mixed with a little water. Place them onto a plate with sesame and poppy seeds and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper appropriately spaced.
7. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
8. Cut them in half and fill them with a copious layer of fresh cheese, Veroni pork sausage and the avocado sliced. Garnish to taste with fresh dill and serve!
More from Veroni
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
Veroni svela tutti i segreti della fase di lavorazione più importante
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…
Veroni torna tra i banchi di scuola come partner del corso ITS Tech and Food in Digital Marketing dei prodotti alimentari
La formazione prima di tutto: Veroni è partner del corso ITS Tech and Food in Digital Marketing dei prodotti alimentari.