Stuffed Peppers with Mortadella
Stuffed peppers is a favorite Italian comfort-food that we have infused with our Veroni Mortadella.
- 4 Bell Peppers (2 Yellow, 2 Green)
- 300g of Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 200g Pre-Cooked Beans
- 250g of Vegetable Stock
- Cubed Mortadella
- 1 Shallot
- 20g Butter
- Parmigiano Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Chop the shallot into thin slices and place it in a saucepan with olive oil, cooking till soft and transparent
2. Add the rice and let it toast for a couple of minutes. Add the white wine and let it evaporate fully before adding in a few ladles of hot stock until the rice is covered.
3. Bring the risotto to a boil, adding more broth from time to time one liquid is absorbed. Remove the rice from the stove.
4. Add the saffron, grated Parmesan cheese, butter, cubes of mortadella and peas, keeping a small amount of stock for the next phase. Stir to mix, adding salt and pepper if necessary. Place to the side for the moment.
5. Clean the peppers by cutting the cap and scooping out the seeds inside. Place them in an ovenproof dish and fill them with the previously prepared risotto. Top with the mortadella and the remaining peas.
6. Cook the stuffed peppers in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes, then cover them with aluminium foil to prevent them from browning too much and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, settle and serve.
More from Veroni
Spelt with Apple, Radicchio and Speck
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
Pizza Bianca with Mortadella and Bufala
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
Tomatoes Stuffed with Couscous and Mortadella
Fresh summer flavors that are light but filling for any occasion…
Prosciutto crudo: la stagionatura è un’arte
Veroni svela tutti i segreti della fase di lavorazione più importante
Getting to Know Veroni Speck
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…
Back to School Snacks
Our suggestions to keep your kid’s lunchboxes wholesome and tasty…
Veroni fornitore ufficiale degli Internazionali BNL d’Italia: l’emozione di due settimane nella città eterna
Emanuela Bigi, responsabile marketing di Veroni, ci racconta l’umore, le considerazioni e le impressioni di queste due settimane ricche di match…