Buckwheat Spaëtzle with Ham
These traditional German dumplings can be used as an alternative to pasta and can be made in no time. Follow this recipe for a simple and delicious mix of flavors or experiment with your own accompanying sauces.
- 4.23 oz buckwheat flour
- 4.23 oz of white flour “00”
- 3.38 fl oz water
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- nutmeg and salt
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2.82 oz Veroni ham
- 1 knob of butter
- 1/2 glass of liquid cream
- 1 clove of unskinned garlic
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped chives and salt
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, water, oil and nutmeg mixing together well. Add in the eggs and salt, mixing to combine.
2. If the batter consistency is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water. When bubbles appear in the batter, it is the perfect consistency. Let it rest for a few minutes.
3. In a frying pan, bring to medium heat the butter and garlic clove, then add in the ham cut into strips and cook evenly for a few minutes.
4. Prepare a pot of generously salted water and bring to a boil. When boiling, pass the batter through a large holed sieve or metal grater, allowing little batches to cook at a time.
5. When the Spaëtzle floats to the surface of the water, they are ready. Drain them and toss them with the seasoning. Serve with parmesan cheese and chives.
More from Veroni
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
Veroni svela tutti i segreti della fase di lavorazione più importante
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…
Veroni torna tra i banchi di scuola come partner del corso ITS Tech and Food in Digital Marketing dei prodotti alimentari
La formazione prima di tutto: Veroni è partner del corso ITS Tech and Food in Digital Marketing dei prodotti alimentari.
Made in Italy sotto i riflettori: Veroni porta per la prima volta a New York una mortadella da 300 kg
Sarà una settimana da record per Veroni, lo storico salumificio di Correggio che fino al 16 ottobre approda…