Gazpacho with Mortadella Meatballs
This recipe is the perfect blend of fresh, bursting flavors and hearty Veroni mortadella.
- 600g of Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Small Green Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 50g of breadcrumbs
- 150ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40ml of Sherry Vinegar
- 500ml of Ice-Cold Water
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 300g of Minced Pork
- 50g of Mortadella Veroni
- 50g of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 40 g of Toasted Pistachios
- 1 Rgg
- 2 tbs of breadcrumbs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Prepare a medium pot of water and bring to a boil. Dip the tomatoes in and remove after 30 seconds, drain and remove the skin and seeds.
2. Peel the cucumber and remove the outer layer, cut the green pepper in half, scooping out the seeds. Cut all vegetables into small pieces and set aside. Mince the garlic clove.
3. Put the breadcrumbs into a bowl and pour the sherry vinegar over them. Once the liquid is absorbed, add to the vegetables and mix well together, leave to the side.
4. Start preparing the meatballs by placing the minced meat into a bowl with the pistachios, mortadella cubed, parmesan cheese, egg and breadcrumbs.
5. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix together well using a spoon initially and then begin mixing with your hands too ensure the mixture is firm enough and begin forming the meatballs about the size of a walnut.
6. Pass them lightly through a bowl with the flour and transfer them to a baking tray, Cook them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes, shaking them from time to time in the tray.
7. Collecting the vegetables set aside, place into a jug blender and blend together adding a bit of olive oil, then add the iced water, dosing it little by little so as to adjust the consistency. Distribute into bowls.
8. One the meatballs are a golden brown color, transfer over to a serving dish, drizzle both the gazpacho and the meatballs with balsamic vinegar and serve.
More from Veroni
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
Veroni svela tutti i segreti della fase di lavorazione più importante
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…
Il capitano della Nazionale Italiana protagonista della campagna social di Veroni Salumi per promuovere una colazione salata che aiuta il benessere di corpo e mente..