Pumpkin Soup With Veroni Pancetta Prawn Skewers
Have a go at this old classic with a twist as we zest up everyone’s favorite pumpkin soup with crunchy Veroni pancetta and prawn skewers:
To serve 4 people you will need the following ingredients:
• 700g of Mantuan Pumpkin
• 2 Shallots
• 4 Sage Leaves
• 1L of Hot Vegetable Stock
• 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Salt and Pepper
• 5 Sprigs of Rosemary
• For Prawn Skewers
• 16 Shrimp Tails
• 120g of Veroni Pancetta
1. Take the rosemary leaves from the sprigs and place them on a small baking tray lined with parchment paper. Let them dry out by cooking them at at 100°C for about 1 hour.
2. Transfer them to the mortar and pestle and beat them to obtain a very fine powder. Keep to the side for the moment. Dice pumpkin into small pieces.
3. Peel the shallots, finely chop and fry them in a saucepan with olive oil.
4. When they have become transparent, add the diced pumpkin and sage leaves.
5. Let it cook for a few minutes, stirring, then pour in the hot vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 30 minutes or until the pumpkin has become tender and it will be possible to blend.
6. Meanwhile prepare the skewers: shell the shrimp leaving only the tail intact and remove the inner filament.
7. Wrap the bacon in the strips of pancetta and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes.
8. When the pumpkin is tender, remove the sage leaves and blend with the immersion blender until a smooth cream is obtained, possibly correcting the consistency by adding in more stock if necessary.
9. Pour the warm creamed pumpkin in serving dishes along with the prawn skewers and complete with rosemary powder as a garnish.
More from Veroni
Spelt with Apple, Radicchio and Speck
An easy meal to bring over to friend’s or on your next outing…
Pizza Bianca with Mortadella and Bufala
A fun recipe to make with the kids or together with friends…
Tomatoes Stuffed with Couscous and Mortadella
Fresh summer flavors that are light but filling for any occasion…
Prosciutto crudo: la stagionatura è un’arte
Veroni svela tutti i segreti della fase di lavorazione più importante
Getting to Know Veroni Speck
Get to know a cured meat from the Northern region of Trentino in Italy…
Back to School Snacks
Our suggestions to keep your kid’s lunchboxes wholesome and tasty…
Veroni fornitore ufficiale degli Internazionali BNL d’Italia: l’emozione di due settimane nella città eterna
Emanuela Bigi, responsabile marketing di Veroni, ci racconta l’umore, le considerazioni e le impressioni di queste due settimane ricche di match…
The Celebration of Ferragosto in Italy
We explore the day’s roots and traditional celebrations in Summer…